So Tenable has made a bunch of changes and additions to the XML (.nessus) file and I’ve tried my best to incorporate them into the project. First off they did something awesome which is alphabetize the XML elements. So I’ve done that as well in the Nessus parse and report scripts. It makes it so much easier to manage. So with new elements comes new table columns. If using this code base you should know that you need to clear all data from the DB. I made the exploit table even less crappy and included the new XML elements around core, canvas, and d2 elliot frameworks. I added “Show more/Show less” options for the vulnerability site indexes (CVE, BID, etc) I noticed that listing them all out can create one long report and who really needs to have the links for all 30 CVEs around java anyway Lastly I include the CSS in the HTML instead of link. This makes one neat file/report when you save the HTML as a file in any browser. No more stupid folder with all the “files”.
Code here. (http://www.jedge.com/docs/projectRF.12.11.13.zip)
Oh, and lastly…all other Nessus reports (outside of the standard one) are at this moment broken (I think) as I need to update the code to reflect all the changes. It mostly centers around the CVSS field breaking out into four elements.