I receive this error when trying to install PHP on my Nokia n810 device. php5-cli: Depends: mime-support but it is not installable. This is with a fresh flash and I only add the Diable Extras-Devel from repository.maemo.org so I have access to the PHP packages. I have no idea what is going on but I’m creating this post in case anybody else comes across a damn mime-support issue.
My hildon-application-manager.list is as follows:
deb http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com/certified/ diablo user
deb http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com/non-certified/ diablo user
deb http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com/updates/diablo-2/ ./
deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras/ diablo free non-free
deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/ diablo free non-free
Here is the full error when I try to install PHP from the command-line.
Nokia-N810-43-7:~# apt-get install php5-cli Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that the package is simply not installable and a bug report against that package should be filed. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: php5-cli: Depends: mime-support but it is not installable E: Broken packages
Then I try this…
Nokia-N810-43-7:~# apt-get install mime-support Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Package mime-support is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source E: Package mime-support has no installation candidate
To solve this issue I manually downloaded the mime-support deb package from repository.maemo.org/pool/.
Nokia-N810-43-7:~# wget http://repository.maemo.org/pool/diablo/free/m/mime-supp ort/mime-support_3.28-1_all.deb --09:40:41-- http://repository.maemo.org/pool/diablo/free/m/mime-support/mime-s upport_3.28-1_all.deb => `mime-support_3.28-1_all.deb' Resolving repository.maemo.org... 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11 Connecting to repository.maemo.org|18.104.22.168|:80... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: 28,804 (28K) [application/x-debian-package] 100%[====================================>] 28,804 95.23K/s 09:40:41 (95.00 KB/s) - `mime-support_3.28-1_all.deb' saved [28804/28804] Nokia-N810-43-7:~# dpkg -i mime-support_3.28-1_all.deb Selecting previously deselected package mime-support. (Reading database ... 16605 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking mime-support (from mime-support_3.28-1_all.deb) ... Setting up mime-support (3.28-1) ... Nokia-N810-43-7:~# apt-get install php5-cli Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following extra packages will be installed: libmagic1 libpcre3 php5-common Suggested packages: file php-pear The following NEW packages will be installed: libmagic1 libpcre3 php5-cli php5-common 0 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded. Need to get 3097kB of archives. After unpacking 7594kB of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated! libpcre3 libmagic1 php5-common php5-cli Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y Get:1 http://repository.maemo.org diablo/free libpcre3 6.7-1osso1 [164kB] Get:2 http://repository.maemo.org diablo/free libmagic1 4.12-1osso [232kB] Get:3 http://repository.maemo.org diablo/free php5-common 5.2.6-3maemo4 [219kB] Get:4 http://repository.maemo.org diablo/free php5-cli 5.2.6-3maemo4 [2481kB] Fetched 3097kB in 9s (325kB/s) Selecting previously deselected package libpcre3. (Reading database ... 16631 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking libpcre3 (from .../libpcre3_6.7-1osso1_armel.deb) ... Selecting previously deselected package libmagic1. Unpacking libmagic1 (from .../libmagic1_4.12-1osso_armel.deb) ... Selecting previously deselected package php5-common. Unpacking php5-common (from .../php5-common_5.2.6-3maemo4_armel.deb) ... Selecting previously deselected package php5-cli. Unpacking php5-cli (from .../php5-cli_5.2.6-3maemo4_armel.deb) ... Setting up libpcre3 (6.7-1osso1) ... Setting up libmagic1 (4.12-1osso) ... Setting up php5-common (5.2.6-3maemo4) ... Setting up php5-cli (5.2.6-3maemo4) ...
All I want to do is parse some damn XML files. I gave up on getting Perl to work and I don’t know any Python. PHP from the command-line with SimpleXML just works.